NMAT by GMAC™ Exam Terms & Conditions
About the Test
- The NMAT by GMAC™ is a computer administered test owned by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (“GMGC”), a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
- The 2-hour NMAT by GMAC test contains multiple choice questions. Prior to the start of the test, there will be a 2-minute period for the test taker to agree to the Non-Disclosure Agreement, a 10-minute tutorial and a 3-minute period for section selection and sequencing.
- There are three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. Each section is individually timed.
- NMAT by GMAC™ TEST
- Language Skills
- 32 questions
- 22 minutes
- Quantitative Skills
- 48 questions
- 60 minutes
- Logical Reasoning
- 40 questions
- 38 minutes
NO ABILITY TO RETURN TO A SECTION AFTER LEAVING IT: Test takers need to answer the questions of each section within the allotted section time. Once the test taker completes a section, whether the test taker selects to move to the next section or if time runs out, the test taker will not be able to return to that section.
NO CARRYOVER OF TIME: Test takers cannot add the remaining time of one section to other sections. If a test taker completes answering and reviewing a section before the allotted section time expires, the test taker may either choose to revise their answers in the section or move to the next section, but the balance time cannot be added on to the next section’s allotted time.
- Test takers can apply to register for the NMAT by GMAC exam through an online registration application/form available on the website www.nmat.org.in from 9:00 a.m. Indian Standard Time (“IST”) onwards starting July 2, 2019. Online registrations will close at 11:59 p.m. IST on October 3, 2019. Test takers can also register through last year’s login ID and password.
GMGC shall not accept registrations from test takers in any mode or form, other than the ones mentioned above.
- Test takers need to upload a photograph as part of the registration based on the following specifications:
- Photograph should be in one of these formats: JPG, PNG or GIF.
- No landscaped or rotated pictures are allowed.
- Size should not exceed 1 MB.
- Photo should have either white or lightly colored background.
- Eyes should be open and clearly visible.
- Test taker face should be distinctly visible, straight and at the centre. Shoulder tops should be also clear on the photo.
- Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
- Photograph should not be an individual’s Facebook photo.
- Photographs not adhering to the aforementioned rules, or which do not present a picture sufficient for test administration staff to authenticate an individual’s identity, are likely to be rejected.
- Test takers need to confirm their email ID before initiating their registration. Confirmation of completed registration and payment will be sent by email on the confirmed email ID only. GMGC shall not be held responsible for non-receipt of confirmation or returned e-mail.
- It is the sole responsibility of the test taker to ascertain whether he/she possesses the necessary and requisite qualifications for applying to the programs offered by various universities. Test takers will need to confirm that they understand the eligibility criteria before submitting their application form. GMGC shall not be held responsible for any concerns arising out of a lack of qualifications.
- Registration applications submitted without the proper notified registration fee, or with insufficient or incorrect details, no photos or photos not matching the criteria mentioned above, or payment received beyond the specified closing time and date for submitting the registration application, will be rejected and GMGC shall not entertain any queries with respect to the same.
- Test takers need to ensure that the information submitted by them is correct and true in all respects. If any information is found to be incorrect or false at a later date, GMGC reserves the right to prevent the test taker from taking the test and/or cancel the test score. In the event the test taker is prohibited from taking the test or upon cancellation of the score due to furnishing of incorrect/false information, the test registration fee will not be refunded.
- There is no provision for on-the-spot registration for the NMAT by GMAC exam at the test centers. Test takers will have to follow the prescribed registration process published on this website during the published registration dates.
- Test takers are not allowed to make duplicate/multiple registrations. Test registration is liable to be rejected and test fee forfeited if the test taker registers multiple times and/or has taken the test under different registration numbers. This also applies to test takers applying to various programs offered by NMAT by GMAC accepting schools. Test takers are allowed to register only once and take up to a maximum of 3 attempts. No shows are considered attempts for purposes of this calculation.
- Test takers will be able to edit only certain fields like School Selection and Additional Preference in their registration form after submitting the registration fee. Test takers are advised to check the information entered in the online registration form very carefully while registering and once again before submitting the registration as they may not be allowed to make any changes after submission.
- Upon submission of the application for registration by the test taker, GMGC will process the same and the registration process would only be completed when the test taker receives a written confirmation from GMGC in that regard.
- NMAT by GMAC™ scores are accepted by several universities and business schools. Visit nmat.org.in/test-takers/nmat-accepting-institutions to view the most current list of universities and business schools that accept the NMAT by GMACTM scores.
- Test takers who are unable to register during the Registration window between July 2, 2019 and October 3, 2019 will have the option of registering through the online registration application available on the website www.nmat.org.in during the Late Registration window from October 4, 2019 (9:00 am IST) to October 14, 2019 (11:59 pm IST) by paying the applicable fee as specified on the website.
- All rules will be applicable as mentioned under the Registration section above.
- To register for the NMAT by GMAC test, test takers must pay the relevant registration fee as specified on the website. Payment for test fee will be accepted by debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI (Unified Payments Interface) and mobile wallets. Test takers will be required to pay the applicable late registration fee during the Late Registration window.
- The registration fee includes a maximum of 5 programmes/schools that a test taker may opt for. If the test taker wishes to apply to more than 5 programmes/schools, an additional fee as specified on the website will be charged.
- GMGC shall not be held liable for late or non-delivery of any material or information sent by it through e-mail or regular mail.
No Refund Policy
- No refund of test fee will be made by GMGC under any circumstances once the registration process is completed.
- It is the responsibility of the test taker to understand the eligibility requirements of all the universities and schools to which he/she is interested in applying before registering for NMAT by GMACTM exam. If the test taker registers for the test and it is found that he/she is ineligible for admission to the desired program, no test fee refund will be made under any circumstances. For the eligibility requirements, test takers are advised to check the websites of each university and school where they plan to apply.
Forfeit of Test Fee
GMGC will be entitled to, among other actions, forfeit registration fee of the test taker if they:
- Make multiple registrations
- Appear for test(s) under multiple registrations
- Cancel their registration
- Do not schedule a test
- Cancel their scheduled test
- Reschedule their test less than 72 hours of the originally scheduled test
- Do not appear for their scheduled test
- Provide a false disability certificate. Additionally, they shall be barred from taking the test. GMGC reserves the right to lodge a complaint with the police authorities against such test takers.
- Indulge in any Prohibited Practices or Misconduct (as defined hereinafter)
- Only test takers whose registrations and fees have been submitted by the stipulated deadlines will be entitled to take the NMAT by GMAC™ test.
- After the required fee is duly received at GMGC’s end, test takers can schedule their exam through the exam scheduling tab available in the registration system. Test takers should schedule their test as soon as the payment is received by GMGC and scheduling section is activated as seats will be available on a 'First come, First served' basis.
- Test takers will be required to schedule their test on their own by following the instructions available on www.nmat.org.in. A test taker can schedule only one test attempt at a time.
- Test takers will be able to choose their preferred date, time (slot) and centre based on a first come, first served basis. Test takers may not get their preferred date, time slot and centre if other test takers have already taken up the available seats for a particular date, time slot and centre.
- right to withdraw an existing test centre or add new test centre at any time. If a test centre is withdrawn after one or more candidates have scheduled their test at such centre, GMGC will contact such candidate(s) and will allow them to reschedule the test at an alternate test centre without any additional cost for such rescheduling.
- The scheduling window will be available from July 2, 2019 to October 16, 2019 for test takers who have validly registered either under Registration or Late Registration windows.
- Test takers will be allowed to schedule their test any time during the scheduling window (subject to real time availability) for any slot which is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time that they complete the scheduling transaction in the system from Pearson VUE, GMGC’s test delivery vendor.
- Test takers are not required to make any extra payment for scheduling their test for the first attempt.
- Test takers will receive the confirmation e-mail from Pearson VUE as soon as they schedule the test including test centre name and address, the test date and start time of the test.
- Pearson VUE / GMGC are not responsible for any non-receipt of confirmation e-mails due to incorrect e-mail addresses being entered by the applicant or due to any technical problems with receipt of e-mail. Test takers who do not receive their confirmation e-mails within 24 hours of scheduling a test can call the scheduling & rescheduling helpdesk number of Pearson VUE published on www.nmat.org.in to seek assistance.
- Test takers not appearing for their scheduled test will be marked "No Show" for the attempt.
- A test taker will be allowed to reschedule the test no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test to a different date, time and/or test centre, subject to availability, by paying the applicable fee by credit card only.
- Seat availability in terms of test centre, slot and date will be on a “First come, First served” basis.
- A test taker cannot reschedule a test if 72 hours or less remain before the scheduled test. For detailed terms, please refer to the section on Forfeit of Test Fee.
- Test takers will be able to exercise the rescheduling option between July 2, 2019 and December 14, 2019.
Differently Abled Test Takers
- Test takers who wish to request for special assistance must fill the details in the online application while registering. The test takers must scan their Disability Certificate and upload to the registration application in order to be approved for necessary accommodation. Each application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Pearson VUE will contact the candidate to schedule his/her test with the approved accommodation and will arrange for proper assistance to be provided to them. Any request received after the closure of registration window will not be accepted and the test taker will have to test without any assistance in spite of their disability.
- The test takers seeking disability accommodation will be contacted by Pearson VUE to schedule their test as each test centre may not be equipped to provide support. Pearson VUE will be able to advise the test taker on the appropriate centre for the test.
- A scribe will be allowed to assist test takers with vision impairments. Test takers requiring scribe will be required to bring their own scribe. They will also be required to submit the scribe request in the prescribed format for approval as advised by Pearson VUE.
- Mobility assistance will be available for those with mobility impairments.
- GMGC reserves the right to make a final judgment regarding testing accommodations in accordance with requirements of the NMAT by GMACTM test.
- Any test taker with disability may not receive the required assistance at the Test centre if he/she
- Requests for assistance after closure of registration window
- Does not provide the scribe request in the prescribed format for the test takers requiring scribe
- Is determined by GMGC to be ineligible for accommodation based on the evaluation of the disability documentation provided.
- Test takers need to confirm their email ID before initiating their registration. Confirmation of completed registration and payment will be sent by email on the confirmed email ID only. GMGC shall not be held responsible for non-receipt of confirmation or bouncing of email.
- Any test taker who provides a false certificate shall be barred from taking the test and the test fee shall be forfeited. GMGC reserves the right to lodge a complaint with the Police authorities against such test takers.
Test Centre Change
- Test takers can request a test centre change by visiting the NMAT by GMACTM registration system. There will be an additional fee payable by credit card only. After the test taker receives the confirmation e-mail from Pearson VUE, she or he will be able to select a new test centre.
- After taking the NMAT by GMAC™, a test taker may decide to retake the NMAT by GMAC™ in order to improve the scores. The test taker can register for the retake test by logging in with the username and password used earlier to schedule the first attempt on www.nmat.org.in. The test taker’s information in the registration form will be pre-populated registration. Payment for the retake is required.
- A test taker is allowed to take the NMAT by GMAC™ exam a maximum of three times (first attempt plus a maximum of two retake attempts, including "No Shows").
- A test taker not appearing for the scheduled test by the prescribed time (first attempt or retake attempt(s)) will be treated as “No Show”.
- While a test taker can register for retake 24 hours after the previous attempt(s), the test taker will be allowed to schedule the retake test on a date which is 15 or more days later than the date of the previous attempt. In other words, a test taker will have to wait for at least 15 calendar days before he/she can appear for a retake attempt.
- The Test retake registration window will be open from October 5, 2019 to December 14, 2019. The test taker can choose to schedule the retake test for any available date during the retake scheduling window from October 5, 2019 to December 14, 2019.
- Test takers will be allowed to schedule their test any time during the scheduling window (subjected to availability) for any slot which is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time that they carry out scheduling transaction in Pearson VUE system.
- Seat availability in terms of test centre, slot and date will be on a first come first served basis. Test takers may or may not get their preferred centre/slot/date.
- NMAT by GMAC scaled scores by section and test total scaled score will be displayed on NMAT by GMAC website within 4 to 5 weeks after the test. The percentile scores will be announced in the 3rd week of January, 2020 on www.nmat.org.in
- Scaled scores – All the test papers are equated to account for small differences in overall difficulty and the raw test scores are placed onto a common scale. This is done to ensure scores are comparable across test papers such that the scores are not impacted by different test takers getting different test papers.
- Percentile scores – The percentile rank or score shows how a test taker scored when compared to all other test takers who appeared for the test (e.g. all test takers who appeared for the NMAT by GMACTM exam in same testing year). For example, if a test taker is said to be at the 75th percentile, the test taker scored better than 75% of the test takers who appeared for the NMAT by GMACTM.
Day of the Test - Instructions
- Test takers are required to reach the test centre 45 minutes before the scheduled time of their test. Test takers reporting later than 15 minutes of the scheduled time may not be admitted. No requests for exceptions will be entertained in this regard. The test centre may not be air conditioned but a comfortable environment will be provided.
- The test taker needs to bring the following to the test centre on the day of the test, without which the test taker will not be allowed to take the test:
- Confirmation e-mail printout or on mobile device
- Admit Card: Test takers can download their Admit Card from the registration site after authentication of their payment
- Any other document as advised by GMGC for differently abled candidates.
- One valid Photo ID and another Signature ID
- List of Photo IDs (must contain the test taker’s name and photo)
- Passport issued by the Government of India
- PAN Card issued by the Government of India
- Voter's ID Card
- UID/Aadhaar Card
- List of Signature IDs (must contain test taker’s name and signature)
- Passport issued by the Government of India
- PAN Card issued by the Government of India
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Driving License
- List of Photo IDs (must contain the test taker’s name and photo)
- Test takers who are unable to produce the above forms of valid ID (non–expired and in original) and admit card on the day of the test will not be admitted into the testing room and will not be offered a test fee refund.
- Please note that following are not acceptable as IDs on the day of the test:
- Photocopies (attested or otherwise)
- Notarised copies and
- Learner’s driving license
- All candidates scheduled to take exam at test centres situated outside India are required to produce their original passport (non-expired and valid) at the test centre barring which the candidate will not be admitted into the testing room and shall be turned away without any test fee refund.
- The Test Invigilator (the “invigilator”) will admit the test taker after completing the following steps:
- Check the test taker’s confirmation e-mail print out or on test taker’s mobile device
- Check the admit card
- Check the photo and signature IDs for the candidates taking the test at test centre in India.
- Check original passport for candidates taking the test at test centre outside India
- Take a digital photo
- Obtain the test taker’s signature
- The invigilator will sign the admit card at the designated place and put the company seal as a confirmation of the test taker reporting to take the test.
- The Invigilator will then guide the test taker to the computer where the test taker will be seated to take the test.
- Test takers will be provided with writing material at the test centre and are not allowed to carry anything with them except their IDs and confirmation email printout.
Test takers will be presented with a Non-Disclosure Agreement (“NDA”) that they must accept within two minutes in order to proceed with the test. If the test taker does not accept NDA deliberately or fails to accept such NDA within two minutes, he/she will not be able to proceed with the test and the test will end. The test taker will then not be able to resume the test that day under any circumstances. Test centre staff will not be able to do anything and the test taker will lose the test attempt as well as forfeit the test fee. Please read the NDA prior to registering.
- Test takers will be able to select the order of sections at the beginning of the test after NDA. If they do not choose the section order, the sections will appear as per the default section order.
- Each section contains several questions. The test taker must read the directions given for each group of questions in each section of the test carefully. If he/she skips the directions given for attempting the questions, he/she may miss the main idea and lose credit for some questions in that section.
- After finishing each section, test takers will be presented with the Review Screen where they will be able to review the questions they marked for review along with any other questions in that section. Test takers and can review or change the answers for that section only. The review time is included in the total amount of time allowed for each section. After the section time is over, test takers will be automatically presented with the next section and they will not be able to return to the previous section.
- After the test is over, test takers are required to remain seated until the Invigilator closes the test window and allows the test takers to leave the test area.
- Test takers will be required to return the writing material to the test centre after finishing the test.
Instructions for Test Takers
- Test takers will be required to produce non-expired identifications (in original) which have recognizable photograph and signature.
- Test takers, in addition to the IDs, will be required to produce the confirmation e-mail (can be shown as a printout or on mobile device), One valid Photo ID and another Signature ID in original and the admit card printout.
- Persons accompanying the test taker will not be allowed into the test premises and no waiting area will be provided.
- Test takers must adhere to the NMAT by GMAC™ Exam Terms and Conditions, policies, rules and regulations which are available at the www.nmat.org.in website.
- Invigilators have the right to exclude test takers who fail to follow the test centre rules and procedures.
- Invigilators will not be expected to provide or collect any test registration from test takers.
- Only pre-registered test takers with names appearing on the system and who have confirmation e-mail (can be shown as a printout or on mobile device), admit card printout and valid IDs as required will be permitted to take NMAT by GMAC test.
- Test takers must not carry any articles such as beepers, pagers, stereos or radio, cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, dictionaries, blank sheets of paper, personal items (cosmetics, lip balms, pain relievers, etc.), pens, firearms, etc., as only a confirmation e-mail (can be shown as a printout or on mobile device), admit card and two valid IDs are required for the test. All other articles would have to be left outside the testing room at the test taker’s own risk.
- There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take as many unscheduled breaks as they want during the test session. Unscheduled break means the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time he/she spends on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test.
- During the break, test takers must leave the testing room. Test takers are required to remain in the test centre building and in close proximity to the testing room. If the test takers violate this break policy, the invigilator may refuse to allow them to re-enter the testing room and continue the test. Upon re-entering the testing room, they must show a valid (non–expired and in original) ID.
- Test takers will not be allowed to access any personal belongings, including study material and mobile phones, during the break(s) they take. They will only be allowed to access food or medicines, if any, after taking permission from the invigilator.
Instructions for Answering Questions
- Test takers must read the instructions given in the questions carefully.
- Test takers must choose one of the answers by clicking the appropriate radio button on their test screen.
- Test takers can mark questions for review and come back to them after completion of the section through the Review Screen. Test takers will not be able to review the question from a previous section after the time for that particular section is over.
- GMGC will not entertain any request for re-evaluation of the test by any test taker.
- If a test taker has any questions regarding test content, questions or answer options, they are advised to continue with their test after informing their doubts related to the problem to the invigilator present at the test centre. The invigilator will take the appropriate action to inform the same to Pearson VUE / GMGC. The complaints will be reviewed and if found correct, GMGC / Pearson VUE will take appropriate action to address the same. No further communication will be entertained in this regard.
- GMGC has expended considerable amount of time, skill, effort and expenditure in crafting, building and creating the knowledge bank comprising questions, sets of questions, books, brochures and the like (“Knowledge Bank”). GMGC owns the copyright in the individual questions, individual items together with the Knowledge Bank as a whole and the underlying literary works and artistic works comprised in the aforesaid Knowledge Bank.
- The sanctity and integrity of the NMAT by GMACTM exam is of utmost importance and criticality for GMGC and test takers are hereby informed that the commission of any act or omission by a test taker which would, in GMGC’s sole discretion, adversely affect, compromise or jeopardize the same would be treated as a ‘Prohibited Practice’. In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the above, it may be noted that the commission of any of the following practices by a test taker would also be included within the said description of a ‘Prohibited Practice’:
- Contributing, receiving, disclosing, discussing, accessing, sharing, accessing, disseminating and/or putting in the public domain (in whatsoever form or capacity), whether directly or indirectly, GMGC’s copyrighted and confidential material and/or its Knowledge Bank including the previous and current years’ questions while being a participant/member (active or passive) of, or being otherwise associated with, any platform or group, including but not limited to Google Docs, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Creating, contributing, disclosing, receiving, sharing, discussing, disseminating and/or accessing documents or files, containing GMGC’s copyrighted and confidential material and/or its Knowledge Bank including the previous and current years’ questions on any platform, including through Google Docs etc.; or otherwise discussing or disclosing directly or indirectly any test content (including the GMGC’s copyrighted and confidential material) via text message; e-mail; in any internet “chat room” message board, or other forum; or otherwise participating in or becoming a member of any such group found to be indulging in such objectionable practices, whether over a physical medium or over the internet/telecommunications medium.
- The above prohibitions apply to all test takers immediately upon registration for the NMAT by GMAC test and will continue to be applicable prior to, during, and after administration of the NMAT by GMAC test.
- Any attempt to impersonate, to copy answers from another test taker, to carry in the testing room any of the prohibited items or to indulge in any other malpractice during the test or while completing the registration will not only lead to immediate or later revocation of scores but may also lead to prosecution.
- Test takers are not allowed to communicate with anyone about the content of the NMAT by GMACTM during the test, during any breaks, or after administration of the test. Removing or attempting to remove test content from the test centre is strictly prohibited. Under no circumstances may any part of the test content viewed during a test administration be removed, reproduced, and/or disclosed in any form by any means (verbally, in writing, or electronically) to any person or entity at any time. Should there be any event that affects the administration of a test to an individual or multiple test takers, test takers can raise concerns to the invigilator but are not allowed to protest or misbehave with the staff.
- Actions or activities that interfere with, or disturb other test takers, invigilator or other employees from operating the test centre in a quiet, safe and efficient manner are not allowed and may lead to disqualification and revocation of test scores.
- The activities described in this Clause 23 are collectively referred to as “Misconduct”.
- If at any stage, a test taker(s) is found to have indulged in any Prohibited Practice or Misconduct (as defined hereinabove) including any malpractice, unethical behavior or violation or breach of the terms hereunder, GMGC reserves the right to initiate appropriate actions and sanctions against such test taker(s), which may include, but not be limited to, one or more of the following:
- revocation of test scores (including interim suspension and/or withholding of the scores of the test taker);
- notification to schools / universities accepting NMAT by GMAC exam score;
- disqualification for any future tests;
- forfeiture of registration fee.
GMGC’s decision in this respect will be final and binding upon the test taker.
In the unlikely event that an error occurs in the preparation, handling, processing, administration, or scoring of your NMAT by GMAC™ test, or in the reporting of your NMAT by GMAC™ scores, GMGC and/or Pearson VUE will make reasonable efforts to correct the error.
Should there be any event that affects the administration of a test to an individual or multiple test takers, test takers can raise concerns to the invigilator. Such issues may include but are not limited to: administrative errors (delayed starts, defective materials, or defective equipment); disruptions of test administrations (technical issues or natural disasters or illness, or other emergencies). When, in its sole judgment, it is appropriate to do so, GMGC and Pearson VUE will give affected test takers the opportunity to take the test again as soon as possible without charge.
These NMAT by GMAC Exam Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without effect to any principles of conflict of laws. Any and all disputes and/or differences that may arise as between a test taker and GMGC arising out of or in connection with or in relation to the NMAT by GMAC test and/ or the NMAT by GMACTM terms and conditions shall be exclusively submitted to arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, as applicable, and shall be adjudicated by an arbitral tribunal comprising a sole arbitrator to be appointed by mutual consent of the parties. The arbitration shall be conducted in English language and the decision of the arbitral tribunal shall be final and binding on the parties. The seat of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
Jurisdiction - All disputes and differences of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with these NMAT by GMAC Exam Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts at New Delhi only, to the exclusion of all other courts/ legal fora.
Any notice or other communication to GMGC shall be provided in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amendments to the Terms
GMGC reserves the right to make amendments to the Terms at any time. It is your responsibility to read the Terms and check for amendments on a regular basis. The amended Terms will be set out on www.nmat.org.in (“Website”) for your perusal and will also be communicated you on your registered email as at the time of such amendments. The amendments to the Terms become effective no sooner than 48 (forty-eight) hours after they are set out on the Website. However, amendments made for any legal reasons will be effective immediately.
If any provision of the Terms is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining Terms.