2019 NMAT by GMAC™ Official Prep Service – End User License Agreement
(Available through 30 April 2020 or the date upon which the 2020 edition of the NMATPrep online service is published, whichever is first.)
1 June 2019
This Agreement is a legal contract between you (“End User” or “you”) and Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (collectively, “GMAC” or “we”) and it governs your access to and use of any content, materials or services accessible from or purchased within the following (including any upgrades or updates thereto provided by GMAC that replace and/or supplement the original service, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate agreement, in which case the terms of that agreement will govern):
- NMAT by GMAC™ Official Practice Exam 1 (Free) and any associated practice questions
- NMAT by GMAC™ Official Practice Exams 2 and 3 (Exam Pack)
- NMAT by GMAC™ Official Practice Exam 4 (Official Guide Access Code)
- NMAT by GMAC™ Official Practice Exam 5 (All India 2019 Mock Exam)
(along with any updates and updates, collectively, the “Service”, as further defined in Section 1 below.)
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE USING THE SERVICE. BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. THESE PROVISIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF OUR BARGAIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE. YOU CONSENT TO HAVE THIS AGREEMENT PROVIDED TO YOU IN ELECTRONIC FORM.
1. SERVICE: The Service is intended for your own internal purposes to assist you with preparing for the NMAT by GMAC™ Exam (the “Exam”) by providing you with sample Exam questions and by simulating the Exam experience. You shall not use the Service for any other purpose and you shall comply with all of the restrictions contained herein relating to your use of the Service. The Service includes all documentation and content, including Exam questions, Exam results, lesson summaries, answers, analysis, and all other aspects of the online subscription service found on the Exam web page at www.nmat.org.in.
2. PAID PORTIONS OF SERVICE:
a. Purchase of Additional Components: Certain Services are not available free of charge. You may elect to purchase the nonexclusive rights to access and use additional components of the Service. Such additional purchases (each, a “Paid Service”) shall be governed by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
b. Paid Services: Your access to each Paid Service shall commence upon the date that you make the payment associated with such Paid Service (the “Effective Date”) and shall continue until 31st March 2020 or upon the availability of NMAT Prep 2020 products, whichever is earlier, unless earlier terminated by GMAC as provided herein. You acknowledge that as of the Effective Date, the Paid Service will be promptly made available for your use, and you do not have the right to cancel the Service or this Agreement or receive any refund unless otherwise specifically agreed by GMAC in writing or expressly required by operation of applicable law.
3. TERMINATION: GMAC may terminate this Agreement upon 30 days' notice posted on www.nmat.org.in. Additionally, your rights under this Agreement shall immediately terminate if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this Agreement or if GMAC discontinues the provision of the Services to its customers due to unforeseen circumstances beyond GMAC’s control or to comply with a legal requirement. GMAC may deploy fraud detection software or other means to monitor compliance with these terms. Upon the termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the Service and destroy all material relating to the Service and the content contained therein. Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 and 12 of this Agreement shall survive any termination.
4. OWNERSHIP: As between GMAC and you, GMAC retains all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, proprietary rights, patents, titles, software, code, interfaces, text, graphics, applets, video and audio incorporated therein and any user guides, documentation and URLs related to GMAC’s products and services, including the Services. All rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved by GMAC.
5. ELIGIBILITY/RESTRICTIONS ON USE:
a. You must have an account on www.nmat.org.in in order to use the Service. You shall not use the Service if your prior use of the Service has been suspended or terminated or if you are younger than the greater of: (i) 16 years old and (ii) the applicable age of consent for entering into a contract in your relevant jurisdiction.
b. You shall not distribute or make all or any part of the Service available for use by another person. You may not, and agree not to permit others to, directly or indirectly sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, or sublicense the Service. The transmission of your www.nmat.org.in user name or password to allow any person other than yourself to use the Service is expressly forbidden and failure to comply with this prohibition may result is the suspension or termination of the right to continue to use the Service. You shall use reasonable efforts to maintain the secrecy of such user name and password, and shall not save such information on a workstation that may be used by multiple users.
c. You may not, and shall not enable others to, (i) copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or attempt to derive the source code of the Service; (ii) modify, translate, alter, or collect information or content from the Service that can be used to create derivative works of all or any part of the Service; (iii) access or use all or any part of the Service for any purpose other than for your individual Exam preparation; (iv) alter, obscure or remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary legend from the Service; or (v) interfere or tamper with or disable any access control or security features of the Service. Any attempt to do any of the foregoing is a violation of the rights of GMAC and constitutes a material breach of this Agreement.
a. GMAC reserves the right to monitor your use of the Service and to collect and analyze data relating to your use of the Service. This information includes, but is not limited to, information about your installation of the Service (e.g., installation time, platform, version number), how you use the Service (e.g., session ID, event log, session flow and navigation, error log), and performance on practice Exam questions (e.g., practice Exam ID, questions, answers, time to answer, practice Exam score). When you use the Service, your personal information is shared with GMAC, and your use of the Service is compared with your performance on the Exam. GMAC uses this data for certain legitimate business purposes, which include the following: to improve the Service to assist with study efforts and better predict performance on the Exam, for marketing research, to make promotional offers from GMAC relating to the Service, to assess your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and to notify you of any upgrades or add-ons to the Service. You may opt out of receiving GMAC communications at any time by logging into your account on nmat.org.in.
b. By accessing or using the Service, you are also agreeing to GMAC’s Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”), which can be found here, as updated from time to time. The Privacy Statement defines how, why, and to what extent GMAC collects and uses your personal and non-personal information in relation to its products and services. Without your express permission, GMAC will not disclose or release your information to anyone other than the below, unless required by law to comply with requirements in a judicial or other governmental proceeding or in instances where GMAC determines that it is necessary to detect or prevent fraud or other unlawful activity: GMAC service providers as well as the Service development partners.
7. UPDATES AND UPGRADES; USER FEEDBACK:
a. GMAC reserves the right, but is not obligated, to update, improve, replace, modify or alter the specifications for and functionality of all or any part of the Service from time to time (collectively, “Updates”). By installing or using the Service, you agree to automatically receive Updates.
b. If you suggest any new feature, functionality or other Update that GMAC, in its sole discretion, adopts for the Service, such new features, functionality or Updates will be the sole and exclusive property of GMAC and you hereby waive and release any and all other claims to ownership therein.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER GMAC NOR ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, ITS “LICENSORS”) MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR PROMISES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE, ABOUT THE SERVICE OR YOUR USE THEREOF. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT OF SUCH SERVICE SHALL BE WITH END USER. GMAC AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND ANY SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (INCLUDING ALL GUARANTEES OF ACHIEVING A HIGHER SCORE ON THE EXAM), SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, COMPATABILITY WITH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, VIRUS-FREE, OR ERROR-FREE. Some jurisdictions may not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer. In such jurisdictions, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
b. Continuous internet access is required to access the Service, and such access is the sole responsibility of each End User.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL GMAC, ITS LICENSORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR (A) ANY CLAIM MADE BY ANY THIRD PARTY AGAINST YOU RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR (B) ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF GMAC OR ITS LICENSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY. IN NO EVENT SHALL GMAC AND ITS LICENSORS’ TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain damages, in which case the liability of GMAC and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, agents, licensors and suppliers shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except as provided below, any dispute between a test taker and GMAC and/or its test administrator relating to the NMAT by GMAC exam shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with those Rules. The arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding, and each party shall be solely responsible for its own costs and expenses, including counsel fees. To avoid inconvenience to the parties and reduce expense, the arbitration shall be conducted based on written submissions to the arbitrator. Arbitration shall not be required, however, if a dispute involves any actual or threatened violation of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of GMAC or its test administrator, in which event GMAC and/or its test administrator may pursue all available civil or criminal remedies.
11. EXPORT CONTROL: You may not export or re-export the Service except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Service was accessed.
12. GOVERNMENT END USERS: The Service is a "Commercial Item", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to this Agreement. Unpublished rights are reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
13. GENERAL: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and GMAC relating to the Service and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding the Service. No amendment to or modification of this Agreement will be binding unless it is in writing and signed by GMAC. GMAC reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time by replacing this Agreement with an updated Agreement on its webpage. You should check this Agreement periodically for modifications. If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease use of the Services. Your continued use of the Services shall constitute your binding acceptance of the modified Agreement. In the event of a dispute between the English version and any non-English versions of this Agreement, the English version of this Agreement shall govern, to the extent not prohibited by local law in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with your access to and use of the Service.
14. CUSTOMER SERVICE: For Technical Support assistance for the Service, you may contact us (i) via e-mail at NMATSupport@excelindia.com or at customer care details provided on https://www.nmat.org.in/contact-us/index.html.
©2018, Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). All rights reserved.
GMAC® and Graduate Management Admission Council® are registered trademarks of GMAC in the United States and other countries.
- One free online practice exam of 120 NEW past NMAT™ exam questions.
- Answer explanations provided for the 120 questions.
- The free practice exam has 120 questions in the same structure as the actual NMAT by GMAC™ exam.
- MRP: INR 299 + applicable taxes (FREE)
- Already taken the Free Practice Exam? Get two more practice exams with 240 questions from past NMAT™ exams.
- Get 120 official never-before-seen questions from past NMAT™ exams in the Exam Pack.
- Answer explanations provided for the Exam Pack containing two practice exams of 240 past NMAT™ exams.
- Scaled score provided for the two practice exams of the Exam Pack providing useful insights on level of preparedness.
- All practice exams follow similar structure & features as the actual NMAT by GMAC™ exam.
- MRP: INR 599 plus Applicable Taxes.