- About the Program
- Name of the school : UPES College of Management and Economics Studies
- School location : Dehradun
- Year school started : 2003
- Any ranking of the school : UPES is the First Indian University to be awarded Five QS Stars™ for Employability. UPES has also been awarded a 5 Stars™ QS Rating for Facilities and a 4 Stars™ QS Rating for Teaching.
- Name of the program : MBA.
- Admission Criteria
- NMAT by GMAC™ score range : NMAT by GMAC™ score- 140 and above.
- Work Experience requirement, if any : Not mandatory, but work-ex does give the student an advantage.
- What is the Application Process ?
- How does one apply for the programme ? The application form can be filled online by making an online payment of Rs. 1850 (http://www.upes.ac.in/online-application-form)
- What is the Application fee ? Rs. 1850/-.
- Where do I get a copy of the Application form ? Students can obtain a copy of application form from UPES website
- When does the application process start ? Sep 1, 2017.
- What is the last date to apply ? 28 February 2018.
- What is the Admission Process ?
- What was the NMAT by GMAC™ score cut-off for accepted students for 2016 intake ? NMAT by GMAC™ score- 140 and above.
- When should I expect an invitation for an interview ? Please refer to the website for all the information related to GD PI www.upes.ac.in
- Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application? Please share the contact person name and email. Toll Free No. 1800-102-8737 or Mr. Ravi Singh (Ph: 9811170474 & Mail: email@example.com)
- Fees & other expenses
- What is the estimated cost for the entire program for a student ? Approx.Rs 11.57 lacs for 2 yrs excluding hostel.
- What is the cost of living for the duration of the programme ? Refer to UPES Website: www.upes.ac.in
- Are there other costs to be taken into consideration? If yes what ? Refer to UPES Website: www.upes.ac.in
- What is the financial support option available to students ?
- What are the scholarship options available for NMAT by GMAC™ students ? 5% Students of the total number of seats for each program are eligible for a 25% tuition fee waiver in 1st Semester.*
We give a 25% concession in Tuition Fee for Uttarakhand domicile students on merit-cum-means basis, to be decided by the University, subject to fulfillment of the following conditions by the student.
• The student’s gross annual family income should not be more than Rs. 3 lakhs. The student should possess necessary documents attesting the fact.
• The student should be in possession of a valid ‘SthaiNiwasPramanPatra’ (domicile certificate) from the State of Uttarakhand.
• The student should have done schooling & passed Class X and Class XII from Uttarakhand (this condition may be relaxed for wards of Defence personnel subject to production of posting certificate outside the state issued by a competent authority).
- What are the criteria for determining scholarship applications ? Scholarship will be offered on merit basis post admission registration.
- What are the options of availing a loan ?
UPES has a formal tie-up with two of India’s leading nationalized banks and 1 of the leading private banks :
1. State Bank of India
2. Oriental Bank of Commerce
3. HDFC Credila
- What is the amount of loan that a student is eligible for and what are the documents required ?
The Education loans provide coverage for expenses including program fees and hostel fees.
- At what rate of interest is the loan available? What is the date from which loan repayment begins? What is the maximum period in which a loan is to be repaid ?
A student will get all these details from the concerned bank.
- Curriculum/Faculty/Student Exchange/Hostel accommodation facilities of the school
- How many intakes in a year and when ? One intake. Session starts in the month of June/July every year.
- Size of the intake : 495
- What are the specializations available ?
1. Oil & Gas Management
2. Energy Trading
3. Power Management
4. Aviation Management
5. Port & Shipping Management
6. Urban Infrastructure & Smart Cities
7. Logistics & Supply Chain Management
8. International Business Management
9. Business Analytics in academic collaboration with IBM
10. Human Resources Management / Marketing Management / Financial & Accounting Management / Operations Management
**UPES reserves the right to cancel any advertised program or introduce any new program, or change the eligibility selection procedure or location of program