Test Takers with Disabilities
Accommodations can be arranged to ensure candidates receive the required help at test centres. Accommodation candidates are the differently-abled candidates who require special arrangements at the test centre to take their test.
All requests for accommodations must be made at the time of registration. Disabilities for which accommodations can be provided:
Disabilities for which accommodations can be provided:
- Learning disability
- Mobility impairment
- Blindness (low vision to no vision)
- Cerebral Palsy
Special arrangements that may be provided:
- Extra time
- Large fonts
- A scribe will be allowed to assist candidates with vision impairments, however, candidates must bring their own scribe. All scribe requests must be submitted in the prescribed format for approval.
- Mobility assistance
- Test takers who wish to request for special assistance must fill the details in the online application while registering. The test takers must scan their Disability Certificate and upload to the registration application in order to be approved for necessary accommodation. Each application will be reviewed on a case-to-case basis. NMAT by GMAC™ helpdesk will intimate the test taker once the disability certificate is verified and accommodation type is approved and will enable payment option for making the registration fee payment. Once the payment is realized Pearson VUE will contact the candidate to schedule his/her test at their preferred test centre, date and time with the approved accommodation and will ensure proper assistance is provided to them. Any request received after the closure of Registration Application will not be accepted and the test taker will have to test without any assistance in spite of their disability.
- The test takers seeking disability accommodation will be contacted by Pearson VUE to schedule their test as each test centre may not be equipped to provide support. Pearson VUE will be able to advise the test taker on the appropriate centre for the test.
- A scribe will be allowed to assist test takers with vision impairments. Test takers requiring scribe will be required to bring their own scribe. They will also be required to submit the scribe request in the prescribed format for approval as advised by Pearson VUE.
- Mobility assistance will be available for those with mobility impairments.
- GMGC reserves the right to make a final judgment regarding testing accommodations in accordance with requirements of the NMAT by GMAC™ test.
- Any test taker with disability may not receive the required assistance at the Test centre if he/she
- Requests for assistance after closure of registration window.
- Does not provide the scribe request in the prescribed format for the test takers requiring scribe
- Is determined by GMGC to be ineligible for accommodation based on the evaluation of the disability documentation provided.
- Test takers need to confirm their email ID before initiating their registration. Confirmation of completed registration and payment will be sent by email on the confirmed email ID only. GMGC shall not be held responsible for non-receipt of confirmation or bouncing of email.
- Any test taker who provides a false certificate shall be barred from taking the test and the test fee shall be forfeited. GMGC reserves the right to lodge a complaint with the Police authorities against such test takers.
Any candidate with a disability may not receive the required assistance at the test centre if he/she provides an incomplete certificate, provides the certificate after closure of the registration window, and doesn’t provide the scribe request in the prescribed format.
If the accommodation request is denied, the candidate will receive a communication from NMAT by GMAC™ helpdesk. Any candidate who provides a false certificate shall be barred from taking the test and must forfeit the test fee.
Please contact NMATsupport@gmac.com with any questions.