Why take the NMAT by GMAC™ ?
The Value of the NMAT by GMAC™ Exam
As a candidate interested in pursuing an MBA or other graduate management degree in India you are faced with an important choice – which test or tests should you take to pursue the career of your dreams. Here are four reasons why you should take the NMAT by GMAC™ exam:
It is accepted as an admissions criterion by the leading management institutions in India.
Today the NMAT by GMAC™ is accepted by the following leading institutions and this list is growing. Pursuing a management degree at one of these universities makes the pursuit of your dreams that much easier.
- SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi, Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- VIT University, Vellore
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad
- SRM University, Chennai
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- Mody University, Rajasthan
It measures the skills needed to succeed in business school.
When entering business school – you want to know that you have what it takes to succeed and graduate with flying colours. Having been selected using an assessment that measures the skills to succeed in business school gives you the confidence that you can handle the curriculum and have a fulfilling b-school experience.
It is designed to give you the confidence to perform to the best of your ability
When appearing for any test, nerves are always a contributing factor in how well you perform on test day. In designing NMAT by GMAC™ we’ve looked at ways to allay those nerves so that you can perform with confidence. Here are some ways that we drive that confidence:
- Taking the test multiple times: You can take the NMAT by GMAC™ three times in a given admissions cycle. This gives you the confidence that you have more than a single opportunity to perform your very best.
- Choosing the section order: The NMAT by GMAC™ allows you to choose the order in which you respond to each of the sections on the test. This allows you to play to your strengths.
- You can revise your answers: You can review your answers at the end of each section so you always have the opportunity to revise if you’re not sure of your original response.
- No negative marking – Sometimes you’re just not sure of the right answer on the test and are running out of time. Well you can make an informed guess instead of skipping a question without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer. The system of no negative marking is in line with global practices.
Finally, it is designed for your convenience
We know that you are busy and the task of registering for the test, taking the test and applying to school can be time consuming and stressful. So we’ve made it more convenient for you:
- Choosing a date, time and location of your convenience: A long testing window allows you to choose a convenient test date. The 75-day test window opens the first week of October and extends through the third week of December.
- Self-scheduling: You can choose your test appointment date, time and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test centre.
- Register for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam from your mobile – allowing you to register anytime and anywhere.
- Testing locations – you can choose from any of 48 conveniently located testing centers to take the exam
- Sending scores to up to 5 programmes for free. You can choose to select the list of schools/programmes you want to send your scores to before or after taking the exam. Up to 5 schools/programmes are included in your registration fee. However, you will be able to send your scores to more than 5 schools/programmes before or after you register for an additional fee.
- Applying to business schools after reviewing results. You can view your results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on your comfort with the results you’ve obtained.